Laser dentistry techniques are the recent inventions incorporated into our practices and treatments for people seeking extreme safety and comforts in the dental treatments.
Why to opt for laser in dental treatments?
Laser for dental treatments are virtually painless.Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of the traditional dental drill. Since Laser does not generate heat, vibration or pressure, many dental procedures can be performed nearly pain-free with less need for anesthesia, less use of the drill. Additionally, using the Laser for gum procedures reduces bleeding, post-treatment pain, swelling and the need for pain medication in many cases.
They are more accurate and precise to remove decayed tooth enamel (the hardest substance in the body), bone and gum tissue while leaving surrounding areas unaffected. This conserves more of the precious natural tooth structure and also reduces damage to healthy portions of the tooth and minimise trauma.
The laser is extremely versatile in dentistry.It can be used in wide range of procedures from decay removal,root canal treatments, smile designing, gum and bone surgical procedures,teeth whitening, and many others.
Benefits of getting treatment done with lasers are like,
• Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
• Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
• Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
• Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
• Damage to surrounding tissue is minimised.
• Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
Lasers can’t be used on teeth with fillings already in place, to fill cavities located between teeth, around old fillings, and large cavities that need to be prepared for a crown. In addition, lasers cannot be used to remove defective crowns or silver fillings.