In today’s article, We all will be knowing about black spots on teeth. The woes of Black Spots aren’t limited to our Foreheads and Cheeks. Spotting Black Stains on Teeth are also a common issue that results from poor oral care & maintenance. These Dark Brown to Black Spots on your teeth can be caused due to various reasons, the most common being consumption of too much sugar products and smoking.
These spots can occur anywhere on our teeth – visibly on the front teeth, in between teeth or on the rear. The discolouration is not only embarrassing but also unhealthy and needs to be treated immediately. If the pigmentation has occurred recently then it is possible to treat it at home with a few easy ingredients.
For extrinsic stains caused by drinking coffee, tea, wine or due to smoking the following home remedies can be followed.
- Salt is the best way to keep your teeth clean and free from tartar or calculus. Rub Sea Salt on your teeth, brush them on the front & back side of your teeth and gargle them before rinsing it off.
- Using little amounts of Baking Soda with Lime Juice to remove the stains.
- Run the inside of an orange peel on your teeth.
Some methods to prevent these black spots on your teeth are mentioned below.
- Use a straw while drinking caffeinated drinks.
- Rinse your mouth after consuming sugary items.
- Prophylaxis is typically recommended twice a year for the “average” healthy adult patient. Prophylaxis involves cleaning mineralized accumulations of bacteria-rich food (known as calculus, or tartar)
Sometimes these stains become very hard to remove and needs the help of a Dentist to fix the discolouration. The sooner you visit one of our Dentists at Dr.Smilez, the better we will be able to help you get rid of all your stains. Removal of stains is a very easy process and can be done at a convenient time. Book an appointment with us now and consult our expert Dentist on your treatment options.