What is a Root Canal Treatment?
When is Root Canal Treatment advised?
- Constant Toothache during chewing.
- Sudden Toothache while consuming hot or cold items, which can otherwise be tolerated.
- Change in Color/Darkening of the tooth.
- Fracture of the Tooth (due to trauma)
- Swelling of the gums around the tooth
Is a crown necessary after Root Canal Treatment?
After undergoing a root canal treatment, the tooth will become brittle and cannot withstand the pressure while biting and chewing. A crown acts as a protective covering on the tooth and prevents the breakdown of tooth structure. So it is mandatory to crown any tooth that has been treated by root canal. Read more about Ceramic Crowns & Bridges here.
Why Root Canal Treatments at Dr. Smilez?
- Absolutely painless and extremely comfortable.
- Can be completed in a single sitting within 30 minutes. If required, upto 6 root canals can be performed in a single sitting.
- Performed by experienced endodontists (Dentists specialized in the root canal treatment, diseases of the dental pulp and nerve).
- Performed with complete isolation of the tooth using the Rubber dam technique.
Want to know the Root Canal Treatment cost in Chennai?
Use our price checker to know the price at Dr.Smilez Chennai & Pondicherry